How to Obtain an Authorization To Transport
Your Legally-Owned Private Property

So you have your firearms license, you've bought a gun, and now you want to go shoot the thing. Yes, you need yet another permission slip to be able to take your personal property to the range. Fortunately the steps have gotten easier over the years.

Step 1: Download the application form from the Canadian Firearms Centre

Step 2: Fill in as follows * :

The three pages of instructions can be ignored by those BC shooters who need an ATT to take their restricted firearms and 12-6 handguns to the range, to a gunsmith or back and forth across the border.

    1. Complete all of Section "A".
    2. Leave Section "B" blank.
    3. In Section "C", check the following boxes ONLY: "d', "i" and "m", and fill in the name of your home shooting club.
    4. Leave Section "D" blank.
    5. Leave Section "E" blank.
    6. Sign and date the form.

    *The requirement to belong to a gun club is “policy” and not supported by either legislation or regulation.

Step 3: Find out the address of your local Chief Fireams Officer to send the completed application form. Affix the correct postage and mail the form to your local CFO.

BC residents can send their completed application to: Canadian Firearms Centre, British Columbia and Yukon District Office, 400 - 10470 152 Street, Surrey, BC V3R 0Y3 or fax it to 604-586-2402. Expect to receive your ATT in about one week. Those who require a “short term” ATT should call the CFC at 1-800-731-4000.

Step 4: Wait until the bureaucrats get around to you.

If you don't have a firearms license, the application for one is here.

Enjoy "gun control"!

* This information taken from the Responsible Firearms Owners of BC June 2002 newsletter and has been updated to reflect changes in the BC CFO contact information.

Last Updated: January 17, 2012